Barcelona is an easy favourite city for most bloggers and travellers visiting Spain. Some would even go as far as saying it’s one of their favourite cities in the world and given how beautiful the city is, it’s easy to understand why – given how stunning some of the very best things to do in Barcelona are!
You can enjoy a total of 20 Michelin stars, and if you want culture you’ve got an inexhaustible choice of beautiful buildings and events. However, in order all of this to happen we believe that choosing the most appropriate place to stay is an important part of every journey, therefore, we decided to share with you some place we would recommend you consider staying while in Barcelona, Spain.
Luxury Hotels in Barcelona, Spain
- Mandarin Oriental Barcelona – This is an elegant, contemporary hotel with an exquisite interior in the heart of the avant-garde city’s celebrated, Passeig de Gracia. This hotel can offer an award-winning spa, casual dining as well as a two Michelin-starred dining. Casa Pedrera, Casa Batllò and several other attractions just a few minutes’ walk away, as well as numerous restaurants and boutiques.
- El Palace Barcelona – Based in the city’s heart, this place is designed as a symbol of Barcelona’s hotel tradition. Some of the hotel’s facilities include a hot bath, fitness etc. It also has a bridal suite. Convenient location for high-end shopping and visiting some of Barcelona’s best Modernist architecture.
- Mercer Hotel Barcelona – This is considered to be one of the best historic hotels in Barcelona, however, we haven’t visited this place but it is in our Hotels List. This place is an archaeological gem that combines past and present, the monumental and the latest design. Ideal for exploring the museums and sights of Barcelona’s historic center, with convenient transport links to other attractions and numerous restaurants and bars just minutes away.
Where To Stay In Barcelona, Spain On A Budget
- Hotel Barcelona Center – This is a place where we stayed during our last trip to Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona Center is on a 10-minute walk from Plaza Catalunya. Guests have free access to the sauna, small gym and rooftop hydromassage tub. Mediterranean cuisine, while the Mojito Bar on the terrace is the perfect place to chill out over a drink while watching the views during summertime. Definitely a recommendation for those who visit Barcelona and are on a budget.
- Ayre Hotel Rosellón – You can also take advantage of some of the amenities offered by the hotel, including a 24-hour front desk, a rooftop terrace, and a concierge. In addition, guests can enjoy a rooftop bar during their visit. As an added convenience, there is parking available to guests. The hotel offers solarium but there are no swimming pools on the premises.
Best Hotels To Stay In Barcelona With Rooftop Pools
- Hotel 1898 – Based in the centre of Barcelona, Hotel 1898 is the only offering spa and 2 swimming pools all year open. This hotel offers a private terrace and swimming pool. An authentic oasis in the heart of Barcelona. Some of the hotel amenities also include paid private parking as well as Fitness Centre with Gym.
- Catalonia Barcelona Plaza – This imposing hotel is situated in Plaza Espana, next to the Fira de Barcelona facilities and Montjuic. The panoramic terrace and most of the rooms have unbeatable views. The gardened marquee, which is located in the central courtyard, creates an ideal atmosphere for cocktails and dinner parties.
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona – Deluxe 5-star traditional hotel in the real heart of Barcelona, few steps away from Gaudi monuments and famous Rambla. Entirely renovated, it offers excellence in service for the most demanding travellers. The hotel has a rooftop terrace with panoramic view and outdoor pool.
- Ohla Barcelona – Ohla Barcelona Hotel is a five-star boutique hotel located in the historical center of the city Barcelona, surrounded by three of the city’s most popular sight-seeing and shopping areas: the Gothic Quarter, the Born and the Eixample. The terrace and the enclosed pool, the only one of its kind in Barcelona, have been called one of the best places to relax and enjoy a spectacular view of the city.